Friday 20 November 2015

Possible Idea

In my Proposal for this Landscape project I stated that I intend to Document the Pembrokeshire Coast Path. However after Andy's very intriguing field lecture in the Gloucestershire countryside today I have started to expand on my initial plan and stay in Pembrokeshire, but focus on an industrial landscape.

Thinking about the Landscape around is important, to take into account the history of a place, the significance of this on a linear timeline and how humans have had a colossal impact. Whilst exploring the Cotswolds I noticed a white Esso marker at the side of the road whilst Liam parked his car, Andy later highlighted this as recognition of where the South Wales Gas Pipeline is located, as it resides below the rolling hills with little impact on those on the surface.

I would like to document the Industrial Landscape of the pipeline's origins at Milford Haven, where there is a hive of activity relating to oil and gas arriving by sea. Recently there has been media attention regarding job losses at the many refineries, I could even include this and the impact it has on the surrounding local area of the town itself, and nearby Pembroke.

South Wales Gas Pipeline near Winchcombe.

No comments:

Post a Comment