Monday 16 November 2015

Proposal

Pembrokeshire is a place that has always been familiar to me, I have family located in Fishguard I would regularly take part in Surf Lifeguard meets hosted around St David's. Over the summer I spent a significant amount of time exploring the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path. Based in Saundersfoot I was able to photograph approximately 10 miles from Amroth to Tenby. I have included a selection of images on my Landscape Blog.

For this Landscape Module Project I would like to revisit this area, and photograph the locations outside of their popular summer tourist season, Amroth has a rich mining history with Grade 1
listed buildings that I'd like to document. All along this stretch of Coastline there are wonderful
scenic spots that I'd also like the re photograph looking over both Saundersfoot & Tenby, interesting natural features in the coves, jagged rocks and forestry above the beaches.

When photographing buildings I would like to take a simple aesthetic approach like Peter Mitchell, taking a straight on approach, standing back far enough to include an interesting background to
provide context. An Option could also be to photograph in a square format using a Hasselblad, as I like the images produced by Fay Godwin in the Landmarks book. But for the relativity quick
turnaround required for this module I'd rather stick to a digital format. I also like the B&W work of John Davies, with the consistent use of wide lenses to fill the frame effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment